Brandon L. Wood, CCIM
For over 15 years, Brandon Wood has been helping his clients maximize returns in their commercial real estate portfolios. In 2014, Brandon formed Building Partner Investors to provide equity and access to financing to small businesses to help them acquire their own buildings. During his 15 year brokerage career he witnessed many instances when a business owner had intentions of acquiring their building but failed to do so usually because of the large amount of cash required or because of a lack of knowledge about the real estate industry. On one particular deal Brandon offered to put up half of the cash and partner with the business in the acquisition of the building. It turned out to be an outstanding success for both parties and Building Partner Investors was created to provide business owners this unique alternative.
Concurrently with forming Building Partner Investors he launched The Northwood Group, a commercial real estate brokerage that has created a platform to source and structure unique commercial real estate opportunities for investors and small businesses owners.
In 2014, Brandon formed The Northwood Group creating a platform to source and structure unique commercial real estate opportunities for investors and small businesses owners. Concurrently he formed Building Partner Investors to provide equity and access to financing to small businesses to help them acquire their own buildings.
Prior to forming The Northwood Group, Brandon was a principal of Newmark Grubb Acres (formerly NAI West) during which time he was one of the top-producing agents in the company on an annual basis, finishing as the top Newmark agent for multiple years. Brandon has demonstrated his extraordinary ability to help his clients succeed, completing over 1,000 transactions totaling hundreds of millions of dollars in his career.
Brandon firmly believes that in order for investors and property owners to succeed, they need the best information. Understanding this, he has compiled one of the most extensive investor and property databases, reaching investors across the country. A large percentage of the properties that his clients purchase are secured before ever coming to the market as a result of his ability to find unique real estate investment opportunities.
Education & Credentials
- Harvard University Graduate School of Design – Advanced Management Development
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Finance from Weber State University
- Institution Certificate in Entrepreneurship from Weber State University
- Named to the 2014 Forty Under 40 List – Utah Business Magazine
- Case study work encompassing lease financing, valuation leverage buyouts, mergers and acquisitions.
- CCIM Designation (2004)
- Utah CCIM Chapter Programs Chair (2005)
- Previous Executive Vice President, Smoot Commercial Brokersge
- Regular speaker on issues facing commercial real estate to groups including the CCIM/NAIOP Symposium and multiple events and classes at Weber State University
- Annual Participant in the Utah Business Northern Utah Roundtable
- Co-Chair of the “Recruiting New Business” Committee of the Davis Economic Advisory Council
- Member of the Kaysville City Economic Development Committee
- Member of Davis Unified Economic Development